Emotionally incompetent behaviors can destroy a team’s ability to achieve a specific goal. Consider the following list of emotionally incompetent behaviors (Porter-O’Grady & Malloch, 2018).
- Acting as a devil’s advocate
- Displaying a bad attitude
- Displaying a superior attitude
- Tolerating errors
- Failing to balance work and relaxation
Select one behavior from the list above, and complete the following.
- State the selected behavior.
- Develop a fictitious example that demonstrates the selected behavior.
- Considering your selected leadership style that was identified in Week 1, describe two techniques that a leader could use to help develop the individual.
- Explain how the techniques are reflective of the leadership style you have identified.
- How will these techniques be useful in your future role as a MSN-prepared nurse leader?
Include current, peer-reviewed scholarly support (outside of class resources) to validate your work.
State the selected behaviour
Throughout my time in the nursing field, I have quickly learned that there are some in leadership positions that like to use their title to get their way or to belittle others. The emotionally incompetent behavior that I have chosen for this assignment is, displaying a superior attitude. This type of behavior leads to damaged staff and departments ,when an individual sees themselves higher than others and uses their position in leadership against others. Imagine a time when you know that a process is not working and the person above you is constantly pushing back or putting down ideas that are presented.
Develop a fictitious example that demonstrates the selected behavior
There had been a new section of the department that was just opened and at that time, required a separate triage area. Unfortunately, patients did not understand the concept of the fast track area and the main emergency department and would often….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $5