Reflect upon a current or previous organization, and consider the organizational mission, vision, and values, as well as the organizational culture, and leadership practices; then discuss:
- In what ways did the organizational mission, vision, and values reflect a culture of excellence?
- How were the mission, vision, and values similar to and different from your personal philosophy of nursing and core values?
- How were the mission and values reflected in the organizational culture and leadership?
- Recommend one leadership approach or strategy which can be applied to support a culture of excellence within your future MSN role.
Include your rationale and the intended impact and how this may affect your future role.
When we start our journey into finding a place of employment, we often reflect on the mission, vision, and core values of the facilities that are options of future employers. When I started my journey and the process of moving to the Navajo reservation, one of the first things that got my attention were the mission, vision, and core values of this facility. One of the major things that stood out for me was the focus on the patient’s self and the focus on mind, body, and spirit.
Mission-To provide superior and compassionate healthcare to our community by raising the level of health, Hózhó and quality of life.
Vision- Harmoniously uniting communities by engaging our customers in healthy lifestyles.
- Thinking – Being mindful and innovative
- Respect – For mother earth, our colleagues, and those we serve
- Reciprocity – To give and take with humbleness, grace, and thankfulness….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $5