Reflect back over the past eight weeks and describe how the achievement of the course outcomes in this course have prepared you to meet the MSN program outcome #4, the MSN Essential IV, and the Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies
Program Outcome #4: Integrate professional values through scholarship and service in health care. (Professional identity)
MSN Essential IV: Translating and Integrating Scholarship into Practice Recognize that the master’s-prepared nurse applies research outcomes within the practice setting, resolves practice problems, works as a change agent, and disseminates results.
Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies # 7
Health Delivery System Competencies
1. Applies knowledge of organizational practices and complex systems to improve health care delivery.
2. Effects health care change using broad based skills including negotiating, consensus-building, and
3. Minimizes risk to patients and providers at the individual and systems level.
4. Facilitates the development of health care systems that address the needs of culturally diverse
populations, providers, and other stakeholders.
5. Evaluates the impact of health care delivery on patients, providers, other stakeholders, and the
6. Analyzes organizational structure, functions and resources to improve the delivery of care.
7. Collaborates in planning for transitions across the continuum of care.
These past seven and a half weeks have been extremely challenging – personally, professionally, and scholastically. However, they have not been without merit. I have learned much and had numerous opportunities to put this information into practice during my clinical experiences. Each course in this program has provided me with the opportunity to obtain additional knowledge and skills, building on the course that preceded it. The knowledge and skills learned in each course provide me with a foundation of how to deliver high-quality, evidence-based services to patients, forge valuable relationships with the various members of the interdisciplinary team, and methods for meeting and exceeding the expectations of all the stakeholders that might be involved. The clinical experience provides me with hands-on learning experiences and allows me to safely increase my confidence in a real-world setting guided by my preceptor. The final week of each course we are asked to reflect on our experiences and how they pertain to program outcomes, MSN essentials, and NP core competencies. This reflection will address program outcome #4, MSN essential IV, and Nurse Practitioner Core competencies #7….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $10