Using the readings from this week as well as outside reliable resources to:
- Identify and describe practice barriers for APNs in your state and discuss these barriers on a state and national level.
- Identify forms of competition on the state and national level that interfere with APN’s ability to practice independently.
- Identify the specific lawmakers by name at the state level (i.e., key members of the state’s legislative branch and executive branch of government)
- Discuss interest groups that exist at the state and national levels that influence APN policy.
- Discuss methods used to influence change in policy in forms of competition, state legislative and executive branches of government and interest groups.
- A scholarly resource must be used for EACH discussion question each week.
1. Identify and describe practice barriers for APNs in your state and discuss these barriers on a state and national level. Advanced nurse practitioners face many barriers and challenges when it comes to their practice. Each state within the United States varies when it comes to practicing guidelines. Some of those barriers can include prescription restrictions, licensure, inability to sign death certificates, failure for ANP’s to obtain full reimbursement for their services, among others depending on the state in which they practice (American Nurses Association, 2021). The state I intend to practice in is Florida. According to the Florida Board of Nursing (2021), Florida is now a state that allows for nurse practitioners to practice independently and also prescribe medications. Advanced nurse practitioners who do intend to practice in the state of Florida need to apply for an autonomous practice in order to practice independently (Florida Legislature, 2021)….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $5