- In order to prepare for this assignment, read the lessons as well as the assigned readings BEFORE attempting the self-assessment.
- Please use the following hyperlink to access and complete the survey: Week 2 Pre-TANIC Self-Assessment Survey Links to an external site.
- FAILURE TO COMPLETE THE SURVEY WILL RESULT IN A GRADE OF ZERO (0) FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
- After completing the survey, navigate to the Week 2 Module in Canvas and respond to EACH of the q uestion s for your Reflection Post.
- The Reflection Posts DOES NOT require cross-posting to a peer or faculty .
- Scholarly sources: Only scholarly sources are acceptable for citation and reference in this course. These include peer reviewed publications, government reports, or sources written by a professional or scholar in the field. Your textbook and lesson are not considered to be an outside scholarly source. For the discussions and reflection posts, reputable internet sources such as websites by government agencies (URL ends in .gov) and respected organizations (often ends in .org) can be counted as scholarly sources. The best outside scholarly source to use is a peer-reviewed nursing journal. You are encouraged to use the Chamberlain library and search one of the available data bases for a peer-reviewed journal article. The following sources should not be used: Wikipedia, Wikis, or blogs. These web sites are not considered scholarly as anyone can add to these. Please be aware that .com websites can vary in scholarship and quality. For example, the American Heart Association is a .com site with scholarship and quality. It is the responsibility of the student to determine the scholarship and quality of any .com site. Ask your instructor before using any site if you are unsure. Points will be deducted from the rubric if the site does not demonstrate scholarship or quality. Current outside scholarly sources must be published with the last 5 years. Instructor permission must be obtained BEFORE the assignment is due if using a source that is older than 5 years.
- How is informatics used?
“According to the American Nurses Association, nursing informatics is the specialty that integrates nursing science with multiple information and analytical sciences to identify, define, manage, and communicate data, information, knowledge, and wisdom in nursing practice”(Sensmeier & Anderson, 2020)
Nursing informatics in health care is used to design health information technology. By gathering information and data, certain systems are able to be implemented into a clinical setting to improve safety, reduce medical errors, and promote better patient outcomes. One example of doing this would be the safety alert system on IV pumps that allows us to recheck if a dose we are ordered to administer is safe. If there is something off about what we entered, a warning should pop up….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $5