Post a written response in the discussion forum to EACH threaded discussion topic:
- This week we learned about the potential benefits and drawbacks to clinical decision support systems (CDSSs). Create a “Pros” versus “Cons” table with a column for “Pro” and a separate column for “Con”. Include at least 3 items for each column. Next to each item, provide a brief rationale as to why you included it on the respective list.
- The primary goal of a CDSS is to leverage data and the scientific evidence to help guide appropriate decision making. CDSSs directly assist the clinician in making decisions about specific patients. For this discussion thread post, you are to assume your future role as an APN and create a clinical patient and scenario to illustrate an exemplary depiction of how a CDSS might influence your decision. This post is an opportunity for you to be innovative, so have fun!
Adhere to the following guidelines regarding quality for the threaded discussions in Canvas:
- Application of Course Knowledge: Demonstrate the ability to analyze, synthesize, and/or apply principles and concepts learned in the course lesson and outside readings.
- Scholarliness and Scholarly Sources: Demonstrates achievement of scholarly inquiry for professional and academic decisions using valid, relevant, and reliable outside scholarly source to contribute to the discussion thread.
- Writing Mechanics: Grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation are accurate. In-text and reference citations should be formatted using correct APA guidelines.
- Direct Quotes: Good writing calls for the limited use of direct quotes. Direct quotes in discussions are to be limited to one short quotation (not to exceed 15 words). The quote must add substantively to the discussion. Points will be deducted under the grammar, syntax, APA category.
For each threaded discussion per week, the student will select no less than TWO scholarly sources to support the initial discussion post.
|Clinical Decision Support Systems (CDSS) Analysis|
|Pros of CDSS|
|1. Improved Patient Outcomes||CDSS improves patient outcomes because it helps and encourages a higher frequency of provider visits. The alert systems and mechanisms in place by the CDSS always keep care providers on their feet and actively moving around the unit. Therefore, the patients get better supervision and reduce the chance of delayed treatments in cases of emergency. (Jia et al., 2019)….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $5|