Criteria for Content
Reflect on the issue of incivility. Think of an experience in which you were directly involved or witnessed incivility in the workplace. Analyze scholarly literature related to the issue of incivility and strategies for cultivating healthful environments.
- In a four- to six-page written paper, address the following.
- Define and explain the issue of incivility. Use scholarly nursing literature.
- Discuss the importance of this issue to nursing. Address the impact of incivility on individuals, microsystem work environments, and the profession of nursing. In this section, use at least three (3) different scholarly nursing literature in-text citations with matching references.
- Provide a scenario (real or fictitious) of incivility in a practice setting. What was the impact on the individuals involved? How was the work environment affected?
- Describe three strategies for creating a healthful environment. Use scholarly nursing literature to support each strategy.
- Identify your selected specialty track (education, executive, family nurse practitioner, healthcare policy, or nursing informatics). Provide two examples of strategies you will implement in your master’s-prepared advanced practice role to cultivate a healthful work environment.
- Provide a conclusion. Include a summary on the issue of incivility, strategies to create healthful environments, specialty track, and how you will contribute to cultivating healthful environments in your future professional practice. Include a self-reflection.
Preparing the paper
- Application: Use Microsoft Word 2013™.
- Length: The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) is at minimum four (4) pages and at maximum six (6) pages.
- A minimum of four (4) scholarly nursing literature references must be used.
- Submission: Submit your files: Last name_First initial_Assessment 5_Cultivating Healthful Environments.
Incivility is a rough or aggressive activity that mostly leads to psychological trauma for the individuals involved and may develop into dire circumstances if left unaddressed. Incivility activities lead to school neglect, absences, performance decreases, learners’ failure to focus, lack of interest in educational excellence, and growing alienation levels. It is called academic incivility when incivility disrupts the academic climate.
On a spectrum of risky behaviors towards one end and intimidating and aggressive behaviors on the other end, incivility behavior occurs. These actions may be deliberate or accidental in that people may not be conscious of the consequences on others of their behavior or expression (Brown, 2017). As they extend to all key constituents, this article explores and examines specific principles, beliefs, and ethical concerns posed by incivility. I will discuss the issue of incivility, importance to nursing, storytelling, creating a healthful environment, practice application, and conclusion….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $10