Description of the Assignment
An annotated bibliography is an alphabetical list of information sources (such as journal articles), formatted like a bibliography or a reference list, accompanied by a commentary, or annotation, for each source. The purpose of an annotated bibliography is to learn about a topic through a critical review of literature and encourage a deeper engagement with literature to develop analytical skills
This assignment presents a method for examining several theories important and useful to the nurse practitioner role.
Preparing the Assignment
- For this assignment, choose from the theories/models presented in the weekly lesson.
- Health Belief Model
- Transtheoretical Model of Behavioral Change
- Social Cognitive Theory
- Family Systems Theory
- Family Assessment and Intervention Model
- Praxis Theory of Suffering
- Search the library for literature. Locate 5 (five) articles related to the selected theories. You may use no more than two articles related to each theory/model.
- Sources should be related to nursing practice using the selected theory/model.
- Sources should be scholarly, relevant to the theory/model and to nursing, and published within the past 5 years. If source is older than 5 years, instructor permission should be obtained and the historical significance of the article should be explained.
- Prepare an annotated entry for each source. Begin with the full APA citation of the source, followed by 2-3 paragraphs:
- Summarize the article.
- Describe how the article relates to the chosen theory/model.
- Reflect on how the article could (or could not) be relevant to future Nurse Practitioner practice.
Haegele, J. A., Brian, A. S., & Lieberman, L. J. (2017). Social Cognitive Theory Determinants of Physical Activity in Adults with Visual Impairments. Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities, 29(6), 911–923. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10882-017-9562-0
Social cognitive theory explains human behavior under the cognitive, behavioristic, and emotional model of behavior changes. It was founded by Albert bandura in the late 60’s. This theory takes in consideration a person’s past experiences as predictor of behavior. Social cognitive theory tries to explain and predicts behaviors that have developed over the life hood of a person. This theory has been used to promote health by emphasizing the balance needed between mental and physical health. Being visually impaired can lead to a sedentary behavior. Individuals with visual impairments tend to be more sedentary due to the lack of physical activity….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $10