- Research Topic: Your course faculty will provide you with topic/s for this assignment. Please check the NR503 Course Announcements.
- Identify your target population (for instance, age or other demographic, aggregate population); this must be in your city or state.
- Discuss population-based health education interventions for your target population that is aimed at reducing morbidity and mortality for the problem. Be sure to review the research literature and HP2020 for interventions.
- Identify how and what data for interventions is being tracked.
- In a four (4) page paper, address the following. Refer to rubric for expanded details related to grading expectations.
- Identify the problem in the introduction section.
- Provide an overview of the problem in your state/national.
- Review of descriptive epidemiological and demographic data on mortality/morbidity and risk.
- HP2020: Present the goal, overview and objectives of Healthy People 2020 for the paper topic.
- Population level prevention and health promotion review. Describe population and/or primary health care focused interventions. Use of scholarly literature and HP2020 is required. There should be direct correlation to evidence for all strategies.
Healthy People 2020 Florence Nightingale was the pioneer on evidence-based methods. Nursing changed when Nightingale changed history by using statistics methods to promote hygiene to avoid infections. Her work has saved lives and also started a political and social revolution where nurses are now in charge to improve health care access to the most vulnerable. Using population-based methods nurses can create awareness and being a voice for the population in need. Government must be encouraged to create programs to increase health care access and equality among the populations. Healthy People is a nationwide disease prevention program ran by the Department of Health, Education and Welfare (DHEW) in 2010. The LGBT community has faced discrimination into the access of health care….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $10