Criteria for Content
Based upon readings and learning activities within the class lessons, reflect upon specific leadership-related competencies which you possess and leadership competencies where there is an opportunity for enhancement. Identify two specific areas of strength, and two areas for improvement. How will those competencies impact future practice as a MSN-prepared nurse in your specialty area?
In a two- to three-page reflective essay, address the following elements. Include a minimum of two peer-reviewed scholarly sources, current within five years, to support your work. See rubric for specific, required content criteria within each section of the paper:
- Provide an introduction to the reflective essay.
- Consider your personal leadership competencies
- Explain two specific examples of how leadership competencies will impact your practice in the selected MSN track.
- Provide a conclusion to the reflective essay.
Preparing the Assignment
Criteria for Format and Special Instructions
- Abide by the Chamberlain College of Nursing Academic Integrity Policy.
- Use Microsoft Word 2013 to create the reflective essay.
- The paper (excluding title and reference pages) should be at least two full pages in length and should not exceed three full pages in length.
- A minimum of two (2) peer-reviewed scholarly sources, current within five years, are required.
- Sources older than five years may not be used without the permission of the class professor.
- No direct quotes may be used in this assignment.
- Title page, pagination, subheadings, body of paper, citation of sources, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 7th edition of the manual.
- Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure are followed and consistent with formal, scholarly writing as noted in the APA Manual (7th edition).
- First person may be used for this assignment.
Leadership is an integral component of nursing and the provision of care. Ideally, it is imperative to appreciate that the healthcare industry is challenged with growing complex patients, complex environments, and the need for change (Heinen et al., 2019). Healthcare providers are, therefore, compelled to develop skills in ensuring success in change management, managing complex patients, and environments. Leadership competency is therefore crucial to ensure superior performance in addressing the above growing demands (Kragt & Day, 2020). The current discussion is a reflective narrative of my leadership competencies. I will discuss my leadership strengths and areas of weaknesses (that present an opportunity for improvement). I will also address the implication of leadership strengths in advanced nurse practice and my specialty track of Leadership in Nursing….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $10