NOTE: Complete the NR 509 Alternative Writing Assignment ONLY if you did not attend or do not plan to attend Debriefing for the given week.
- This paper will be appraised on the quality of the information, inclusion of at least one evidence-based scholarly source, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, and organization based on the required components (see the paper headings and content details below).
- Scholarly sources: Only scholarly sources are acceptable for citation and reference in this course. These include peer reviewed publications, government reports, or sources written by a professional or scholar in the field. Your textbook and lesson are not considered to be an outside scholarly source. For the discussions and reflection posts, reputable internet sources such as websites by government agencies (URL ends in .gov) and respected organizations (often ends in .org) can be counted as scholarly sources. The best outside scholarly source to use is a peer-reviewed nursing journal. You are encouraged to use the Chamberlain library and search one of the available data bases for a peer-reviewed journal article. The following sources should not be used: Wikipedia, Wikis, or blogs. These web sites are not considered scholarly as anyone can add to these. Please be aware that .com websites can vary in scholarship and quality. For example, the American Heart Association is a .com site with scholarship and quality. It is the responsibility of the student to determine the scholarship and quality of any .com site. Ask your instructor before using any site if you are unsure. Points will be deducted from the rubric if the site does not demonstrate scholarship or quality. Current outside scholarly sources must be published with the last 5 years. Instructor permission must be obtained BEFORE the assignment is due if using a source that is older than 5 years.
- The length of the paper is to be no less than 1,500 words, excluding title page and reference list.
- Create this assignment using Microsoft (MS) Word. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word document because it will end in “.docx.”
- APA format (current edition) is required in this assignment, explicitly for in-text citations and the reference list. Use 12-point Times New Roman font with 1 inch margins and double spacing. See the APA manual for details regarding proper citation.
- Organize the headings and content of your paper using the outline below:
- Select a body system relevant to the lesson from the previous week for the topic of this paper. For example, if you are writing this assignment for Week 2, then select the HEENT, Respiratory, or Integumentary system as the focus for the paper (not all three systems). NOTE: If you are writing this assignment for Week 1, select the Health History as the topic of the paper.
- Discuss the physiology (structure and function) of the body system including details about the major organ systems (if applicable). NOTE: If you are writing the assignment for Week 1, provide an overview of interviewing techniques.
- Construct relevant health history questions (subjective data) pertaining to the body system. NOTE: If writing the assignment for Week 1, construct relevant health history questions for all body systems as included on the review of systems (ROS).
- Provide an overview of the objective data and expected normal physical examination findings for this body system. NOTE: If writing this assignment for Week 1, provide the expected normal subjective findings for each body systems on the ROS.
- Explain special physical assessment examination techniques or procedures specific to assessing this body system. NOTE: If writing the assignment for Week 1, explain advanced interview techniques.
- Analyze and discuss how you might adapt your physical assessment skills or interviewing techniques to accommodate each of the following specific populations:
- Identify one major disease or disease process that may significantly impact this body system. NOTE: If writing the assignment for Week 1, identify one disease process or condition that may significantly hinder conducting a Health History interview.
- Synthesis and discuss the expected abnormal physical examination findings that may be associated with this disease or disease process.
- Summarize the key points.
- References in correct APA format
The neurological system is a very critical system in the human body. This system has a great relationship with mental health issues. Research conducted by Jacobson et al., (2020), asserts that behavior and mental health is the basic element of care in the contemporary healthcare environment. Therefore, healthcare practitioners have a crucial role and responsibility in assessing and evaluating patients suspected to be having mental health issues. This idea implies that healthcare practitioners need to have prerequisite skills and knowledge on how to assess and evaluate mental health illnesses. In this case, the primary interventions involve the strategies and approaches of preventing illnesses through the use of non-invasive treatments, for instance, behavioral counseling and immunizations. The healthcare providers need to adhere to the required steps or actions by incorporating subjective data which is essential in the physical assessment of the patient’s existing health condition….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $10