- Using a patient seen in their clinical setting, students will give an oral presentation (via Kaltura) using the 6-step learner-centered SNAPPS model to mimic a real-life presentation to the preceptor by:
- Briefly summarizing the relative history and findings;
- Narrowing the differential to three relevant possibilities using the pertinent positive and negative findings;
- Analyzing the differential by comparing and contrasting the possibilities;
- Probing the preceptor by asking questions about uncertainties, difficulties, or alternative approaches;
- Identifying a treatment plan for the patient; and
- Select a case-related issue for self-directed learning
- In addition to the oral presentation, the student will submit the written findings of their research for the case-related, self-directed learning topic that was identified in the presentation.
- The written portion of this assignment will be submitted on the “SNAPPS Template for Written Assignment” using appropriate evidence-based, scholarly references and using appropriate APA reference and in-text citations.
What is the self-directed learning issue that was identified in your oral presentation?
|Limited conversance with the diagnostic criteria for different types of headaches based on the International Classification of Headache Disorders.|
Research the self-directed learning issue and provide a summary of your findings which is fully supported by appropriate, scholarly, EBM references.
|Headache disorders are a significant public health problem that affect millions around the world. Determining the headache disorder affecting a patient influences treatment, and thus the attainment of a better quality of life. The gold standard in diagnostic criteria for headache disorders is the third edition of the International Classification of Headache Disorders (ICHD-3). The hierarchical classification, which is based on field studies, is compiled by the Headache Classification Committee of the International Headache Society….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $10|