Week 1 Assignment: State powers
Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 1, 2, 3
- Minimum of 2 scholarly sources in addition to the textbook.
- Go online and look up your state constitution. Choose three state sections such as religious freedom, freedom of the press, etc. and discuss the guidelines for each.
- Compare these sections to the equivalent section in the United States Bill of Rights. List differences, if any.
Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 1.5-2 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (minimum of 2 scholarly sources in addition to textbook if cited)
United States Bill of Rights and New York Constitution
The purpose of this paper is to compare the similarities and differences if any between
New York State constitution and the Bills of Rights on freedom of speech, religious freedom and
freedom of press. According to Cobb (2020), constitutions purpose to serve the people and
mitigate conflicts. Both New York State constitution and Bill of Rights have many similarities
with regard to bill of rights. The major differences are found on the content where state
constitution is heavily worded. The intent for the Bill of rights and New York State constitution
on freedom of speech, religion and press remains the same…Kindly click on the purchase icon to access the full solution at $5.