There are two parts to this assignment.
- In part 1, students will review their clinical experience documentation in to write a narrative about their experience thus far. Students should:
- Review their patient encounters and identify experience gaps in terms of age, acuity, certain procedures, level of complexity, etc.
- State how they plan to narrow this gap in future practicums (i.e., focus on seeing pediatric patients under the age of 5, finding a separate pediatric site for a later practicum, et cetera)
- Discuss how they have progressed throughout the practicum by identifying the goals that they have achieved and/or are still working toward
- Identify areas of weakness and communicate a plan to address these areas
- Choose two of the NONPF CORE competencies and describe either (a) how you have met them or (b) how you plan to work toward meeting them in the future. Provide specific examples from your clinical rotation as support. FNP NONPF CORE competencies can be found at: https://cdn.ymaws.com/www.nonpf.org/resource/resmgr/competencies/2017_NPCoreComps
Review their patient encounters and identify experience gaps in terms of age, acuity, certain procedures, level of complexity, etc Patient encounters are often considered a challenging issue mostly because each chance is that different patients are likely to show up with the same symptoms even when the diagnosis reads differently. In this case, the level of complexity is higher and thus there is a need for highly experienced medical practitioners to take part in offering care to such patients especially when their age and conditions seem to differ (Moore et al., 2021). An instance is mild conjunctivitis which is a common medical complaint among patients who visit the health care facility. I encountered challenging sessions especially when it was required to diagnose a toddler who provided limited information about his/her condition or whose caregiver did not have the exact words to describe the toddler’s condition due to social and economic factors….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $10