Choose one of the following to respond to in Week 1 Discussion Board;
- Chapter 1, Exercise 1.5 or
- Chapter 2, Exercise 2.1 or
- Chapter 2, Exercise 2.4
Respond with a minimum of two (2) paragraphs of 4-5 sentences each.
- You should address each bullet point in the exercise you select.
- Your work should have in-text citations integrating at a minimum one scholarly article from this week’s readings and course textbook.
- APA format should be utilized to include a reference list.
- Correct grammar, spelling, and APA should be adhered to when writing, work should be scholarly without personalization or first person use.
- Respond to a minimum of two (2) individuals, peer and/or faculty, with a scholarly and reflective post of a minimum of two (2) paragraphs of 4-5 sentences. A minimum of one (1) scholarly article should be utilized to support the post in addition to your textbook.
Week 1 Discussion Exercise 2.4 Questions from Curley Textbook
For this week’s discussion, I have chosen to address exercise 2.4. Diabetes affects a growing number of Americans. An APRN working in a local hospital is part of a collaborative of community agencies strategically addressing diabetes from a community perspective. What social determinants of health should the community look at in relation to risk or incidence of diabetes? What resources could the APRN use to identify different outcomes related to diabetes? What outcomes related to diabetes are of most interest to community members? Using the AHRQ’s Healthcare Quality and Disparities Report Data Query, what related national and State level data are available to the APRN? Social determinants are used to inform and guide advanced practice registered nurses (APRN) to develop appropriate interventions (Curley, 2020). Social determinants that lead to health disparities are situations related to where people are born, grow up, work, live, and the available care (Curley, 2020). There are five social determinants socioeconomic status, neighborhood, and physical environment, food environment, health care availability, and social context (Ogunwole & Golden, 2020)….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $5