Requirements: Preparing the paper
As the nurse executive of a healthcare organization, it was reported to you that one of your nurses may be chemically impaired (legal/regulatory issue) and has allegedly been taking drugs from the unit. This nurse also had two recent medication errors in the past week. Discuss the steps you would take to validate this allegation and how you would proceed after the allegation was confirmed to be true.
- Clearly introduce your legal/regulatory issue in the introduction paragraph; including a sentence that states the purpose of your paper.
- Clearly articulate the steps you would take as the nurse leader to investigate the allegation of this legal/regulatory issue as stated above and how to proceed when the allegation is confirmed to be true.
- Investigate/research and discuss if your state board of nursing offers some type of recovery program for chemically-impaired nurses (a strategy). If they do not offer a program in your state, discuss a proposed recovery program for chemically-impaired nurses that you would like to have implemented for your state.
Contact a state representative who may have an interest in this topic area and share their comments on this issue in an addendum (not included as part of the three page limit). Include your correspondence eg. Emails in your addendum, as well. This will demonstrate you contacted a state representative, in the event you do not receive a response.
4. Clearly articulate your specific strategies to improve costs and improve the quality of healthcare at your organization related to the legal/regulatory issue stated above. How do your strategies relate to the Person-Centred Nursing Leadership Framework by McCormack and McCance (2017); specifically the contextual domain?
5. Include of a minimum of three sources of scholarly, empirical evidence that supports your strategies to improve costs and quality of healthcare.
6. Provide concluding statements that should summarize your overall assignment content.
7. The paper should be no longer than three pages, excluding title and reference page(s).
8. Title and reference page(s) must be in APA format (current edition).
9. Use 12 Times New Roman font and one-inch margins on all sides of the paper.
It is important for nurses in the healthcare sector to ensure that they adhere to the legal as well as regulatory standards as this determines the quality of service provision as well as their success in their profession. For this reason, the nursing practice is guided by specific legal and regulatory requisites that are governed by the American Nurses Association (Bettinardi-Angres & Bologeorges, 2011). In this context, this essay aims to expound on the various steps that can be followed to identify a nurse who is chemically impaired including the specific measures that will be taken after proving the allegation against the nurse.
Steps Related to Legal/Regulatory Issue
According to Bettinardi-Angres & Bologeorges (2011), a chemically impaired nurse refers to a nurse that is facing….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $10