Post a written response in the discussion forum to EACH threaded discussion topic:
- As discussed in the lesson and assigned reading for this week, EHRs provide both benefits and drawbacks. Create a “Pros” versus “Cons” table and include at least 3 items for each list. Next to each item, provide a brief rationale as to why you selected to include it on the respective list.
- Refer to the Stage 3 objectives for Meaningful Use located in this week’s lesson under the heading Meaningful Use and the HITECH Act. Select two objectives to research further. In your own words, provide a brief discussion as to how the objective may impact your role as an APN in clinical practice.
Adhere to the following guidelines regarding quality for the threaded discussions in Canvas:
- Application of Course Knowledge: Demonstrate the ability to analyze, synthesize, and/or apply principles and concepts learned in the course lesson and outside readings.
- Scholarliness and Scholarly Sources: Demonstrates achievement of scholarly inquiry for professional and academic decisions using valid, relevant, and reliable outside scholarly source to contribute to the discussion thread.
- Writing Mechanics: Grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation are accurate. In-text and reference citations should be formatted using correct APA guidelines.
- Direct Quotes: Good writing calls for the limited use of direct quotes. Direct quotes in discussions are to be limited to one short quotation (not to exceed 15 words). The quote must add substantively to the discussion. Points will be deducted under the grammar, syntax, APA category.
- EHR “Pros” versus “Cons”
- Computerized physician order entry: Multiple errors have been found when providing hand-written scripts, including wrong dose and medication due to unclear handwriting. The ability to electronically send a script to a pharmacy has prevented many errors, including duplicate prescriptions and drug interactions when all of the patient’s primary care givers are under the same EHR.
Preventative health: Many private practices rely on the EHR, where they are reminded when screenings are due. Patients who are diabetic will need to check their HBA1C on a yearly basis. The analyst has the access to provide a list of when they must be re-tested, thus providing better….Kindly click the purchase icon to purchase the full solution at $5